Divorce, Dad and Dating are three words that don’t mix very well. After being married for 11 years, I have a pretty good idea of what I want and don’t want. So, I’ve been making a list of preferences based off past experiences.
Now, I don’t want this list to doom me into being eternally single, so I want to be clear about something. Some of these “preferences” are serious. Some are very shallow and some are just silly. These are in no particular order.
I will go on a date with you if you meet the following “preferences”. Eh, I’ll probably go on a date with you even if you don’t:
- Self reliant
- Smell like a girly girl
- MINIMAL DRAMA
- Doesn’t have kids
- Wants kids
- 25 yrs old – my current age(35)
- Doesn’t think she da shit; knows she da shit!
- Makes me laugh
- Laughs at all my jokes
- Always horny(typical man preference)
- Wears high heels to bed
- Has a hobby
- Knows how to cook something that doesn’t come in a box and done in 12 minutes
- Believes in God
- Has a political opinion
- Can pull a hook out of a fishes mouth
- Likes to drink beer
- Gets excited about a football game
- Doesn’t plan every second of your day
- Can drive downtown without freaking out
- Tech Savvy
- Gets along with my friends
- Has her own friends
Doesn’t like country music
- Doesn’t make everyone else’s problems her own problems
- Doesn’t smoke cigarettes
- Phone number starts with (303) or (720)
- Doesn’t overanalyze and dissect everything you say and/or do!
*This list is fluid and subject to change in a moments notice.
This post was inspired by Tantek Çelik‘s post titled Of Dating Preferences, Public Profiles, and Formats For Federating It All